Handy cleaning hints using Baking Soda.
click on image to enlarge [+]
- Carpet Deodoriser: Mix baking soda with a small amount of talcum powder and sprinkle over your carpet before vacuuming.
- Fridge Odours: Pour some baking soda into a small container and place in the fridge. Baking soda will absorb the food smells. Change the container of baking soda regularly for it to act as a fridge deodoriser.
- Burnt Pots: Add some baking soda and water to a burnt pot, then boil for a few minutes, this makes the burnt pot easier to clean.
- Barbeque Cleaner: Sprinkle baking soda onto the cold cooking plate, scrub and then rinse clean. This doesn’t effect the taste of foods.
- Cleaning Silverware & Brass: Line a basin with aluminium foil and fill with boiling water. Add 2-3 heaped tablespoons of baking soda to the water and place silverware or brass into the basin. Take out the silverware when clean and rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.
- Surface Stains: Make a paste of baking soda and water. With a damp cloth, gently rub the stained surface. Rinse off with a clean damp cloth. For stubborn stains, leave on the area slightly longer.
- Blocked Drains: Pour a handful of baking soda down the blocked drain and follow this with a cup of vinegar. Leave for a few minutes then flush thoroughly with water.