Handy cleaning hints using Epsom Salts.
click on image to enlarge [+]
- Citrus Trees: Sprinkle epsom salts around the roots of citrus trees before watering to help promote fruit growth and development.
- Ferns: Toss a light sprinkling of epsom salts around ferns after watering to maintain a lush growth. To help stop flowers from falling off their stems, water well and sprinkle epsom salts around the roots.
- Laundry Care: To get the stiffness out of new towels, soak them in cold water with a handful of epsom salts. This helps make towels soft and absorbent, then wash as per usual before using. To help prevent colours from running in new clothes and linen, rinse in cold water with some epsom salts and then wash as per usual with laundry powder.
- Storage Care: To help keep moths away from books, clothes and linen, sprinkle some epsom salts in the corners of cupboards, wardrobes or storage areas.
- Shoe Odour: To help remove odours from shoes, mix two tablespoons of epsom salts and baking soda and sprinkle in each shoe.
- Tile Grout Cleaning: To help clean tile grout, add a little epsom salts to an old wet toothbrush and scrub grout to remove dirt and stains. For white grout, add a little bleach to the water.