Vinegar handy hints for cleaning.
click on image to enlarge [+]
- Glass Cleaner: Clean windows and glass by spraying on undiluted white vinegar with a spray bottle. Dry off with newspaper or kitchen paper towels.
- Chopping Boards: To clean and deodorise wooden chopping boards, sprinkle on baking soda and spray with white vinegar. Leave for 5 minutes and then rinse clean several times.
- Shower Tiles: Clean soap scum from shower tiles and glass with a half strength mixture of white vinegar and water. Scrub and rinse well.
- Floors: Add half to one cup of white vinegar to soapy water when cleaning floors to cut through stubborn stains.
- Washing Machine: To clean hoses and unclog soap scum, pour a cup of vinegar into the machine, run a normal cycle with no clothes in the machine. Do monthly to keep the washing machine clean.
- Stainless Steel: Polish stainless steel surfaces with a paste of vinegar mixed with baking soda. Rinse well.
- Microwave: Clean the microwave by boiling a solution of a quarter of a cup white vinegar and 1 cup of water in the microwave.
- Blocked Drain: Pour half a cup of baking soda down the drain and follow this with half a cup of vinegar. Leave for 10 minutes then run hot water to clear.