Vinegar handy hints for First - Aid.
click on image to enlarge [+]
- Wasp or Jellyfish Stings: Rinse the affected area with vinegar.
- Hiccups: Swallow a teaspoon of vinegar to quickly cure hiccups. Or add one teaspoon of vinegar to a glass of warm water and drink slowly.
- Heals Bruises: Soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and apply to the bruise for one hour. The vinegar reduces the blueness of the bruise and helps speed up the healing process.
- Upset Stomach: Help settle your stomach by drinking a glass of water with a tablespoon of vinegar added, add honey to sweeten.
- Sore Throat: Soothe your throat by adding a teaspoon of vinegar in a glass of water. Gargle and swallow. Or mix quarter of a cup of vinegar with a quarter of a cup of honey and take one tablespoon 6 times a day.
- Coughing: To help relieve coughing, mix half a cup of vinegar with half a cup of water, one teaspoon of cayenne pepper and four teaspoons of honey. To help ease coughing at night, sleep with a handkerchief soaked in vinegar near your pillow.
- Sunburn: Relieve sunburn by lightly rubbing with vinegar. Re-apply.
- Mosquito Bites: Reduce itching by using a cotton ball to dab mosquito and other bug bites with vinegar. Or make a paste of vinegar and cornflour and apply to the itchy bites.