Handy cleaning hints using Washing Soda.
click on image to enlarge [+]
- Fabric Softener: Try adding a handful of washing soda to your normal wash. Washing soda acts as a natural fabric softener by softening hard water and working with laundry detergents to remove heavy soiling and dirt from clothes, while leaving them soft and fresh.
- Stain Remover: To help remove blood stains from clothing, dissolve a handful of washing soda in some hot water, then once dissolved add cold water. Once the solution becomes cold, soak clothing. Always wait for the water to be cold or else hot water may set the blood stains.
- Concrete Cleaner: Dissolve a handful of washing soda with warm water and some detergent to clean concrete paths and driveways.
- Silverware Cleaning: Add one part washing soda to 20 parts hot water in an aluminium pan or dish. Dip the silverware into the pan, then rinse with hot water and dry thoroughly with a soft dry cloth. Do not use on jewellery.
- General Cleaning: Washing soda is a good heavy duty cleaner for floors, walls and hard surfaces. Dissolve washing soda in water.
- Automatic Dishwash Powder: If you have run out of automatic dishwasher powder, try using washing soda instead. Pour into automatic dishwasher dispenser.