Just Add... Butter, Chocolate Buttons & Walnuts to Bin Inn's Afghan Biscuit Mix.
click on image to enlarge [+]
500g (3 1/3 Cups) Bin Inn Afghan Biscuit Mix
250g Butter - soft, not melted
100g (2/3 Cup) Chocolate Buttons, melted
1/4 Cup Walnuts (optional)
1. Place Bin Inn Afghan Biscuit Mix and
butter into a bowl.
2. Using a cake mixer, blend together for on slow speed for 2
minutes or until combined.
3. Roll mixture into 20 balls, place on 2 lined baking trays.
4. Flatten balls slightly with the back of a fork.
5. Bake at 195°C for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
6. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
7. Once cool, ice with chocolate. Slowly melt chocolate buttons
or cooking chocolate in a bowl placed over a saucepan of
boiling water (double boiler method).
8. Decorate with a walnut on top before chocolate sets.
Just mix with a spoon if you don’t have a cake mixer. Melt chocolate slowly and make sure no water touches the chocolate as this may cause it to seize (small hard lumps). Use a metal or glass bowl and metal spoon as wooden spoons and plastic bowls retain moisture that may cause the chocolate to seize. When melting chocolate over a saucepan of water, make sure the bowl fits tightly and the water is only simmering on low. If there is a lot of steam it can drop into the chocolate causing it to seize.