Crunchy Anzac Biscuits are a traditional Kiwi favourite
click on image to enlarge [+]
1/2 Cup Raw Sugar
2 Tbsps Golden Syrup
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 Tbsps Boiling Water
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut
2 Tbsps Pumpkin Seeds
2 Tbsps Sunflower Seeds
3/4 Cup Jumbo Rolled Oats
1. Place butter, raw sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan and melt over a low heat.
2. Once melted, remove from heat and set aside.
3. Dissolve the baking soda in boiling water and then add to the mixture in the saucepan.
4. Mix in the flour, coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and rolled oats. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
5. Roll mixture into balls. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper. Allow room for biscuits to spread.
6. Flatten biscuits slightly with the back of a fork.
7. Bake at 180°C for 12 minutes or until golden.
8. Leave to cool on a wire rack. Makes about 16 biscuits.
Try replacing the seeds with diced apricots, raisins, sultanas, cranberries or other dried fruits.