Pine nuts are delicious sprinkled over salads but pine nuts also add a crunchy texture to this easy loaf recipe.
click on image to enlarge [+]
185g Butter, chopped
3/4 Cup Caster Sugar
3/4 Cup Dried Dates
2/3 Cup Pine Nuts, lightly toasted
1 Cup Plain Flour
1/3 Cup Self Raising Flour
1/2 Cup Milk
2 Tbsps Pine Nuts (extra to decorate top)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Using a cake mixer, beat the butter and caster sugar until well combined.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until combined between additions of each egg.
4. Cut dates into thirds. Stir in the dates and pine nuts.
5. Mix in the sifted flours and milk.
6. Spread mixture into loaf tin. Sprinkle over extra pine nuts on top. Bake at 160°C for about 1 1/2 hours.
If the top of the cake starts to burn, cover with brown paper to prevent over-browning, if necessary. Leave to cool in tin.