Easy Bakers Gluten Free Donuts.
click on image to enlarge [+]
500g Easy Bakers Gluten Free White Breadmix
3 tsps Sugar (optional)
1. If you have a deep fryer heat the oil to 180ºC (350°F). If you do not have a deep fryer you can use a deep frying pan or a wok and fill until 3cm deep with standard canola oil or deep-frying oil.
2. Make a batch of the Easy Bakers White Breadmix batter using the standard Gluten Free White Loaf recipe (see page 23). Adding up to 3 teaspoons of sugar is optional. Do not wait for the batter to rise.
3. If you have a cake donut dispenser, add the batter to the donut dispenser and deposit the batter into the hot oil. If you do not have a cake donut dispenser you can still make donuts. Just put the batter into a piping bag (or even a plastic bag with a 1cm hole cut in the corner), and then squirt the batter from the bag into the oil in a circular motion to make small 5-10cm diameter circles.
4. Fry on both sides until brown. Remove from the oil to drain and cool (donuts are best eaten warm).
5. Add your favourite topping or jam filling as required. We recommend dipping the top half of the donuts into cinnamon sugar and eating the donuts while warm. To make cinnamon sugar just mix ground cinnamon with sugar.