Easy Bakers Gluten Free Fruit Loaf.
click on image to enlarge [+]
250g Easy Bakers Gluten Free White Breadmix
3 Cups Fruit Mix or Sultanas
100g Butter, softened
1/3 Cup Brandy
2 tsps Mixed Spice
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
50g Sour Cream
1 Tbsp Apricot Jam, melted
1. Combine dried fruit mix or sultanas with brandy in a bowl and allow to soak for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
2. Pre-heat oven to 160°C (320°F) conventional or 150°C (300°F) fan forced.
3. Cream softened butter, brown sugar and mixed spice for 1 minute.
4. Add eggs, vanilla essence and sour cream and beat for a further minute.
5. Mix in Easy Bakers White Breadmix with a wooden spoon.
6. Fold in the soaked fruit until evenly distributed.
7. Pour batter into a bread pan lined with greaseproof paper and leave to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
8. Place tin in the centre of the oven and bake for 60 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and leave in the tin until completely cool.
10. Glaze cake by lightly brushing the top with melted apricot jam.