Easy Bakers Gluten Free Hot Cross Buns.
click on image to enlarge [+]
500g Easy Bakers Gluten Free White Breadmix
340ml Cool Water
200g Fruit Mix
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbsp Sugar
1-2 tsps Mixed Spice
1 Cup Water (Bun Glaze)
1/2 Cup Sugar (Bun Glaze)
1. Set aside 50g of the Easy Bakers Gluten Free White Breadmix to use for the cross mixture.
2. Add the rest of Easy Bakers Gluten Free White Breadmix, sugar, oil, mixed spice and water into a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with a cake mixer for about 1 minute on high speed or 2 minutes if hand mixing.
3. Half fill the well greased muffin pans with mixture. Leave in a warm place to rise while preparing crosses.
4. In a small bowl, add remaining 50g of Easy Bakers Gluten Free White Breadmix, and just enough water to make a smooth paste. Put in a piping bag with a small diameter nozzle. Pipe a cross on top of each bun.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 210Â°C for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn onto a rack for cooling.
6. While still hot they can be brushed with the bun glaze.
7. Add water and sugar to saucepan and bring to the boil. Once cooled brush onto hot buns.