Easy Bakers Gluten Free Multigrain Loaf.
click on image to enlarge [+]
500g Easy Bakers Gluten Free Multigrain Breadmix
1. Measure or preferably weigh cool/tepid water (see note) and pour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add Easy Bakers Gluten Free Mulitgrain Breadmix to bowl (over water).
3. Using an electric mixer with beater attachments, mix on the lowest speed for 20 seconds (may be mixed by hand). Stop mixing then use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Mix on medium to high speed for 2 minutes (if mixing by hand, mix until the batter is smooth and free from lumps).
5. Pour or spoon the batter into a well greased bread pan with a capacity of at least 1800ml to contain the proofed batter. Non stick pans must also be greased. Do not exceed half full to allow the batter to rise. Use a muffin pan to bake rolls if there is left over batter.
6. Place pan in a warm 30ºC draught free place to rise (proof) for 20 – 25 minutes, to almost double in size. If not double in volume within 30 minutes, bake off at that point.
7. Place in a pre-heated 215ºC (fan forced 195ºC) oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven. Gently turn out onto a cooling wire.
9. Allow to cool completely (several hours) before cutting or it will stick to the bread knife.
10. To keep the bread fresh it should be stored in a plastic bag or airtight container.
Water temperature should be adjusted for warm or cool conditions such that once mixed, the batter feels neither warm nor cold. Note that the mulitgrain loaf uses slightly less (20ml) of water than the white loaf.