Hummus is a quick and easy spread that is delicious served as a dip with crackers, pita bread or carrots and celery sticks.
click on image to enlarge [+]
1 Cup Cooked Chickpeas plus Water
1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
2 tsps Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
Pinch Ground Black Pepper and Salt
1 Clove Garlic, chopped
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
1. Soak the chickpeas in cold water overnight.
2. Cook chickpeas in water until they are soft and tender (approximately 45 minutes).
3. Remove from heat, drain and leave to cool.
4. In a food processor, place chickpeas and all the other ingredients and blend until they form a smooth paste.
5. While the food processor is on, gradually add some of the water used for soaking. Add water slowly according to the consistency preferred.
6. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serve with a selection of fresh breads or toasted breads or pita bread. Or serve as a dip with carrot and celery sticks.