Just Add... Eggs, Water, Icing Sugar, Cocoa & Coconut to Bin Inn's Sponge Cake Mix.
click on image to enlarge [+]
500g (3 1/3 Cups) Bin Inn Sponge Cake Mix
420g (3 Cups) Icing Sugar
30g (1/2 Cup) Cocoa Powder
125ml (1/2 Cup) Boiling Water
1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1. Mix eggs and water in a bowl.
2. Add Bin Inn Sponge Cake Mix.
3. Using a cake mixer, beat on slow speed for a minute to
combine. Scrape down bowl.
4. Beat for 10 minutes on high speed, then 2 minutes on slow
5. Pour into a large and deep cake tin lined with baking paper.
6. Bake 180°C for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack, then trim crusts and cut sponge
8. Sift icing sugar and cocoa. Add boiling water and mix until
smooth, or use a hand mixer to blend.
9. Place sponge squares on a fork or skewer and dip in
chocolate sauce then coat well with coconut.
To check sponge is cooked - insert a knife, it should come out clean. When touched the top of the sponge should spring back. It is easier to cut the sponge if it has been frozen first or made the day before.