A tasty lentil patties and spicy lentil burgers recipe.
click on image to enlarge [+]
1 Cup Cooked & drained Brown Lentils
1 Small Onion, grated
3 Small Potatoes, cooked & mashed
1 Cup Breadcrumbs
1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
2 Tbsps Diced Parsley or dried Mixed Herbs
1 Small Carrot, grated
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Form into patties.
2. Cook in oil for 10-12 minutes on each side until browned.
Spicy Lentil Burgers:
2 Onions, peeled and chopped
2 Carrots, finely chopped
1 Celery Stick, finely chopped
2 Tbsps Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic, crushed
225g Brown Lentils, cooked and drained
6 Tbsps Parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
Flour and Oil (for coating and frying)
1. Fry onion, carrot & celery in oil for 10 minutes or until soft.
2. Add the garlic, brown lentils, parsley and lemon juice.
3. Mash thoroughly until the mixture holds together.
4. Shape mixture into burger patties and coat in flour.
5. Fry in oil, cook each side until golden brown.