Make a hearty soup by adding to Bin Inn's Soup Mix.
click on image to enlarge [+]
Pea and Ham Soup:
3/4 Cups Bin Inn Soup Mix
1 1/2 Cups Green Split Peas
1 Tbsp Dried Parsley or Fresh Parsley
1 Ham Bone
Pinch Salt and Pepper
1. Soak soup mix and split peas in hot water for 20 minutes.
2. Place ham bone in a pot.
3. Cover with water and bring to the boil.
4. Add soup mix and green split peas and simmer slowly.
5. Add parsley, salt and pepper and simmer until the peas are cooked. The soup will thicken itself.
6. Remove ham bone and cut meat off the bone into soup.
Green Pea and Bacon Soup:
1/2 Cup Bin Inn Soup Mix
1/2 Cup Green Split Peas
2 tsps Green Herb Stock
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1 small Carrot, grated
6 Cups Hot Water
1 tsp Dried Sage
1 Cup Frozen Peas
100g Streaky Bacon, cut into strips
1. Place all ingredients (except frozen peas) into a large pot.
2. Cook on high for 5 minutes. Cover, simmer slowly for 1-2 hours. Mix in frozen peas 15 minutes before serving.