A quick an easy raisin loaf that keeps well. Delicious served with a light spread of butter.
click on image to enlarge [+]
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Raisins
1 small tsp Baking Soda
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1 Egg, beaten
1. Put water, sugar, raisins, baking soda and butter in a saucepan.
2. Stir until melting, then remove from the heat.
3. Add self raising flour, salt and beaten egg.
4. Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
5. Bake at 190°C for about 45 minutes or until cooked.
6. Leave the loaf in the tin to cool.
To check if the loaf is cooked, insert a knife or skewer, it should come out clean. Alternatively use sultanas instead of raisins.