Treat yourself with this indulgent chocoholic Rocky Road Slice. It is so easy to make but so hard to resist another piece.
click on image to enlarge [+]
1/2 Cup Brazil Nuts or Almonds, chopped
1/2 Cup Macadamia Nuts, chopped
125g Plain Biscuit Crumbs
1 Cup Pink and White Marshmallows
2 tsps Orange Rind, finely grated
250g Dark Chocolate Buttons
200g (1/2 Tin) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. Toast nuts in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the nuts with the plain biscuit crumbs, orange rind and chopped pink and white marshmallows.
3. Gently melt the dark chocolate buttons with the butter in a metal bowl placed over a pot of boiled water.
4. Stir the condensed milk with the melted chocolate.
5. Add the chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients.
6. Spread into a 18cm x 30cm tin lined with baking paper.
7. Place in fridge to set, then cut into squares.
Melt the chocolate buttons slowly and make sure that no water touches the chocolate as this may cause it to seize (small hard lumps). Use metal bowls to melt chocolate.