Just Add... Dates, Water, Eggs, Oil, Cream, Butter & Brown Sugar to Bin Inn's Sticky Date Cake Mix.
click on image to enlarge [+]
150g (1 Cup) Diced Dates
1 Cup Boiling Water
500g (3 1/2 Cups) Bin Inn Sticky Date Cake Mix
1/2 Cup Oil
300g (1 3/4 Cups) Brown Sugar
1. Place diced dates and boiling water in a bowl, leave to cool.
2. Add Bin Inn Sticky Date Cake Mix, eggs and oil to the dates.
3. Using a cake mixer, blend on slow speed for 1 minute. Scrape down bowl.
4. Mix on slow speed for 2 minutes or until combined.
5. Pour mixture into a large baking tin lined with baking paper.
6. Bake at 170°C for about 45-55 minutes or until cooked.
7. In a saucepan over low heat, mix together cream, butter and brown sugar. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
8. Serve butterscotch sauce warm over the sticky date pudding. Serve warm for dessert with ice cream.
It is quicker and easier to buy diced dates. Otherwise finely chop dried dates. For best results, weigh dry ingredients, the cup measurements are a guide only.