This recipe was provided by a customer and was called "Diabetic Fruit Cake". It's a delicious moist cake.
click on image to enlarge [+]
1Kg Bin Inn Fruit Mix
1/2 Cup Walnuts, chopped
1/2 Cup Almonds, chopped
2 Cups Hot Tea
2 Cups Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp Almond Essence
1 tsp Brandy or Rum Essence
1 tsp Caramel Essence
1. Place fruit mix, chopped walnuts and almonds in a bowl.
2. Pour over hot tea and leave to soak overnight.
3. Then add self raising flour and essences, mix altogether.
4. Spread into a tin greased and lined with baking paper.
5. Bake at 160°C for about an hour or until cooked.
6. Leave the cake in the tin to cool.
To check if the cake is cooked, insert a skewer or knife into the cake, it should come out clean.