Just Add... Butter, Custard Powder & Icing Sugar to Bin Inn's Shortbread Biscuit Mix.
click on image to enlarge [+]
500g (4 Cups) Bin Inn Shortbread Biscuit Mix
250g Butter - soft, not melted
125g (1 Cup) Custard Powder
50g Butter - soft, not melted
2 Tbsps Custard Powder
80g (1/2 Cup) Icing Sugar
1. Lightly cream butter.
2. Add Bin Inn Shortbread Biscuit Mix and custard powder.
3. Thoroughly mix together until it forms a dough.
4. Roll dough out to a thickness of about 1cm and use a cookie cutter to cut into 20 small circles. Or roll into a log and slice into 1cm pieces. Or simply roll into 20 even size balls and flatten slightly. Biscuits need to be the same size to sandwich together.
5. Place onto lined baking trays, press with the back of a fork.
6. Bake at 190°C for 15-20 minutes or until cooked, (pale not golden).
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
8. Mix together filling of butter, custard powder and icing sugar.
9. Once cool, sandwich biscuits together with the filling.
Lemon Yo Yo Biscuits:
Add finely grated zest of 1 lemon at step 2. Mix in 2 drops of lemon essence and the finely grated zest of Â½ a lemon at step 8.
For best results, weigh dry ingredients, the cup measurements are a guide only. Alternatively use jam rather than butter icing filling.