500g (3 1/3 Cups) Bin Inn Sponge Cake Mix
420g (3 Cups) Icing Sugar
30g (1/2 Cup) Cocoa Powder
125ml (1/2 Cup) Boiling Water
1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1. Mix eggs and water in a bowl.
2. Add Bin Inn Sponge Cake Mix.
3. Using a cake mixer, beat on slow speed for a minute to combine. Scrape down bowl.
4. Beat for 10 minutes on high speed, then 2 minutes on slow speed.
5. Pour into a large and deep cake tin lined with baking paper.
6. Bake 180°C for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack, then trim crusts and cut sponge into squares.
8. Sift icing sugar and cocoa. Add boiling water and mix until smooth, or use a hand mixer to blend.
9. Place sponge squares on a fork or skewer and dip in chocolate sauce then coat well with coconut.
To check sponge is cooked - insert a knife, it should come out clean. When touched the top of the sponge should spring back. It is easier to cut the sponge if it has been frozen first or made the day before.