1/2 Cup Raw Sugar
2 Tbsps Golden Syrup
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 Tbsps Boiling Water
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Coconut
2 Tbsps Pumpkin Seeds
2 Tbsps Sunflower Seeds
3/4 Cup Jumbo Rolled Oats
- Place butter, raw sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- Dissolve the baking soda in boiling water and then add to the mixture in the saucepan.
- Mix in the flour, coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and rolled oats. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll mixture into balls. Place on baking trays lined with baking paper. Allow room for biscuits to spread.
- Flatten biscuits slightly with the back of a fork.
- Bake at 180°C for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. Makes about 16 biscuits.
Try replacing the seeds with diced apricots, raisins, sultanas, cranberries or other dried fruits.