Moist Date Loaf
1 Cup Dates, chopped
1 Cup Boiling Water
3/4 Cup White Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 Large Tbsp Butter
2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- Finely chop dried dates.
- Put dates, sugar, baking soda and butter in a bowl.
- Pour over boiling water and mix. Leave to cool.
- Once mixture has cooled, add the flour, egg, baking powder and golden syrup. Mix together.
- Spread into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 170c fpr about 45 minutes or until cooked.
Buy diced dates instead of whole dates. Warm the tablespoon under hot water to easily measure the golden syrup.