Yo Yo Biscuits
500g (4 Cups) Bin Inn Shortbread Biscuit Mix
250g Butter - soft, not melted
125g (1 Cup) Custard Powder
50g Butter - soft, not melted
2 Tbsps Custard Powder
80g (1/2 Cup) Icing Sugar
- Lightly cream butter.
- Add Bin Inn Shortbread Biscuit Mix and custard powder.
- Thoroughly mix together until it forms a dough.
- Roll dough out to a thickness of about 1cm and use a cookie cutter to cut into 20 small circles. Or roll into a log and slice into 1cm pieces. Or simply roll into 20 even size balls and flatten slightly. Biscuits need to be the same size to sandwich together.
- Place onto lined baking trays, press with the back of a fork.
- Bake at 190°C for 15-20 minutes or until cooked, (pale not golden).
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together filling of butter, custard powder and icing sugar.
- Once cool, sandwich biscuits together with the filling.
Lemon Yo Yo Biscuits:
Add finely grated zest of 1 lemon at step 2. Mix in 2 drops of lemon essence and the finely grated zest of Â½ a lemon at step 8.
For best results, weigh dry ingredients, the cup measurements are a guide only. Alternatively use jam rather than butter icing filling.